Thursday, October 24, 2013

Good Healing

I'm not really one for prayers. Kind thoughts, fervent wishes for good things to come of bad, absolutely. So when a friend reached out today for prayers for her injured brother, I went straight to the Medicine Buddha.  I have been chanting the mantra of the lovely blue Buddha for a few months now, in my Sunday afternoon group.  It is truly healing and I find myself thinking of it often. No longer need to look at the book to keep up - I am the leader of the band!



Tayata
Om Bekandze Bekandze
Maha Bekandze
Radza Samudgate Soha

The mantra means:
May the many sentient beings
who are sick,
quickly be freed from sickness.
And may all the sicknesses of beings
Never arise again.

We all have our unique ways of coping with illness (our and others').  I have heard miracle stories of prayer than I can't understand or explain, but I believe that the collective good, loving, healing intentions of others is a powerful thing.   

What do you turn to when the need arises?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely mantra. When the need arises, I go to a wonderful mountain view or to a lake. Somewhere in nature, all alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, being in nature really brings me back to center as well, and I hope my good vibes emanate to those who need them.

      Delete
  2. I always turn to the earth, the sky and trees, the wild critters, the birds and bees, the flowing waters and sounds of wind, and friendships in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to the woods, the most healing of all places I can imagine.
    And then I read the poetry of Raymond Carver:

    "And did you get what
    you wanted from this life, even so?
    I did.
    And what did you want?
    To call myself beloved, to feel myself
    beloved on the earth. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful, thank you, T. I do feel beloved on the earth -- with all the loving people in my life, how could I not? And, more importantly, self-love. A liberation.

      Delete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...