Friday, December 13, 2013

TGIF

TGIF, all you working stiffs!  All you rush hour warriors, you 9 to 5ers, you multi-taskers, you jamming to get home to cook dinner before you and your kids die of hunger.  I know you do it.  You know I know you do it.  I used to do it.

Fridays tend to be my busy days -- tasks to take care of so I free up my weekends for farmer's markets, friends who work M-F, breakfast with the Gang of Queers.

This Friday I am particularly grateful for the people in my life.  A friend from junior high school contacted me out of the blue!  Soon, we shall connect on the telephone.  This is someone I have looked for over the years but never found.  (My gawd, she has no internet trail to follow....)  She will be re-connecting me with the other part of our old school pack, whom I have also wondered about (where is she? what's she doing?)  My friend, L., reminded me that I used to sing the song "500 Miles" and she said I sang it better than Joan Baez.  She can't believe I didn't make it big in the music biz.  That is so nice to hear.  I haven't thought of that song in a very long time.  Now I'm humming it all morning long.


Have a lovely weekend, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. How great! One of my best friends in college used to sing this song, too.

    I just heard from an old friend and former co-worker from the '80's, which makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many Joan Baez albums. Like you I work hard on Friday. When I retired I vowed not to spend the weekend cooking and cleaning.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...