Thursday, January 9, 2014

Whistle While You Work

There is something supremely satisfying in cleaning house while listening to music.  I have several play lists I've made for the task, but this my latest and best.  All these songs compel my body to move.

Where Not to Look for Freedom - The Belle Brigade
Get the Party Started - P!nk Greatest Hits...So Far!!!             
This Magic Moment-Lake Street Dive-Fun Machine 
Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison-Black & White Night
Defying Gravity (Glee Cast Version)
Frim Fram Sauce-Diana Krall -The Very Best of Diana Krall
That Better Day - ByrdJones - Radio Soul
Thing Called Love- Bonnie Raitt-The Best of Bonnie Raitt
Faith-Lake Street Dive     Fun Machine - EP           
Shawn Colvin   -These Four Walls           
Sweet Caprice-Mumbo Gumbo  Fun Pak
Emerald Street-Eliza Gilkyson  - Beautiful World        
We Belong Together  -Rickie Lee Jones   Pirates
Ecstasy-George Fenton   Living Out Loud Soundtrack
I'll Fly Away-Gillian Welch & Alison Krauss-O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Keep On the Sunny Side-The Whites O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Music from the Film)
Hey, Soul Sister-Train  - Hey, Soul Sister
Common Threads-Bobby McFerrin  - Medicine Music
Going up the Country-Canned Heat  The Best of Canned Heat           
100 Years-Five for Fighting  -The Battle for Everything           
Dancing With Myself (Glee Cast Version)
Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Wild Night-John Mellencamp - Words & Music - John Mellencamp's Greatest Hits
Julie's House-Leo Kottke - Leo Kottke: Essential Folk           
Daughter-Loudon Wainwright III   - Daughter
Walkin' After Midnight-Patsy Cline - Best of Patsy Cline
Me and That Train-Patty Larkin- A Gogo
Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk  Rufus Wainwright  - Poses           
You Got the Silver-Susan Tedeschi - Hope and Desire
Burning Down the House-Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)-Kelly Clarkson  - Stronger
Take Me to the River-Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense
Ho Hey-The Lumineers  - Ho Hey - Single           
Royals -Lorde  - Pure Heroine            

Quite a mix of musical styles -- I do have eclectic tastes.

Today I've been really organizing, throwing out junk, and making room for a new desk to hold my new computer that's coming on Monday.  I purchased a 27 inch iMac and am very excited!  I currently work on a MacBook Pro laptop, which is a great computer and has served me well for 4 years.  I want a large screen in order to process my photographs, and after checking out a couple of friends' iMacs, I knew that was the right move for me.  I'll be able to view the photos in large format, which is what I want when making corrections with Lightroom or Photoshop.

And so, house organization in my small apartment is a must.  Where to fit in such a monster? After considering many spots, I've selected the best location and the work is on to make it fit.  And the music is keeping me buoyant and joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...