Tuesday, April 7, 2015

La Luz de mi Vida

Two great things this Tuesday: it rained all night, took a little break and is now raining again. The other: my grandson is here and he is so much fun I can hardly stand it.


During the break, we set up a cozy bed for him on the porch.  It snuggled in it for all of two minutes before running in circles making airplane sounds.  Over and over and over again.

Then, all in a hurry, the sky darkened and there was a perceptible humidity increase in the air.  I grabbed the hammock, his mom grabbed the cushions, and in we came.  

Now there's a fire burning nice and hot, and mi nieto is sleeping on his cushion in the guest bedroom.  How I wish I could take him to Cuba with me.  He would be my entree into Cuban society.  I would teach him simple phrases in Cubano (all I am capable of) and get him a Panama hat to wear jauntily on his blond little head.  Maybe someday...maybe the next trip.

My daughter and mi luz drive home tonight.  Sigh.  Never long enough.  That's an abuela for you.
Eso es una abuela para usted.  

This luscious rain is not even remotely enough to ease our drought woes, but it is nice to have and means I can skip watering the vegetables and flowers for a few more days.  Sweet.

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see your beautiful grandson having such a good time. Enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doncha just love the mustache tattoo on his leg?

      Delete
    2. Please tell me that's a temp tat. V. Cute!

      Delete
    3. yes - a temporary one. his mom has lots of beautiful tats and so he's naturally drawn to them....

      Delete
  2. Oh, how wonderful! He sure looks happy. We have sunshine now, too; not sure if there is more rain headed in, but there sure is some wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson can really fly! Sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...