It's going to cost a fair amount of money, but I had to know what her prognosis is. I couldn't live knowing she had cancer and not knowing how much damage had been done. I'm glad we moved forward and the resulting news just relieves us of this terrible burden.
Gosh, but we do love our animals, don't we? I need their warm bodies, their happy tails, their kisses more than ever now. They are the best therapy, as all you animals lovers already know.
Knife wielding attacker on a German train? Hug your fur baby.
84 innocents killed in Nice? Give that doggie an extra treat tonight.
Turmoil in Turkey? Take your pup for a romp in the park.
Not an answer to the world's problems, but they sure are an answer to dealing with the stress of the world.
Studies have found that:
- Dog owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
- People with dogs have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets. One study even found that when people with borderline hypertension adopted dogs from a shelter, their blood pressure declined significantly within five months.
- Playing with a dog or cat can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
- Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
- Heart attack patients with dogs survive longer than those without.
- Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.