Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday Musings

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I'm just going to say it:  We must do away with the second amendment.  


I'm done with half measures.  I'm done with the "yes, but...." arguments.  Done. Done. Done.  I don't care if you need your guns to protect your farm stock.  I don't care if you live in a rough neighborhood where you feel you need protection.

We have abdicated our "right" to carry personal guns.  Personal guns will not save us from a government take over.  Guns will not save significant numbers of live stock.  Guns are only killing our children, and our women, at alarming rates.  When you have more children killed by guns than military personnel servicing in the armed forces in a single year, that is reckless, murderous, immoral.

Your arguments are going to fall on my deaf ears from now on.  I won't even entertain the logic you espouse.  Even for a second.

You obviously care more about your right to have a gun than you care about the lives of our citizens.  It really is as simple as that.

The NRA should be branded a terrorist organization. Our congress should be branded as enablers and abettors of mass murder.  They care more about money in their campaign coffers than they do about the lives of our citizens.  Shame on them.

If you disagree, that's your right.  But I don't want to  hear about it.


1 comment:

  1. The direction our country is headed scares me. I'm hoping for a change in the midterms. If not, we are seriously in trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...