Friday, July 27, 2018

TGIF

Earlier today I watched a video by Lisa Nichols, author and motivational speaker, about not letting anyone 'dim your light.' It was brilliant. Empowering and exciting. Then, this afternoon, by chance, I found this TEDx talk by Connie Schultz, who has a very interesting story to tell, if you have the time. It was worth the time for me. I have been pondering of late what my life in the next 20 or 30 years might look like. Sparked, perhaps, by Jane Condon's quote on Facebook from a poem by Mary Oliver:
My response on Facebook was more than lazy, and I still feel that way. I'm not feeling terribly motivated or inspired these days. Not about my life, or the life of, yes, I'm going to say it, our country. I am sitting in the deep bowl of the doldrums. So these videos today have lit a tiny flame inside of me. Not that the essential question has been answered, but still, a tiny flame. I'll leave you with Connie and another video by a trans woman, Paula, that just may inspire you as well. Thank you, sisters, for the little push. I need it.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched the second video, and all I can say through the tears is "Wow." Thank you for posting that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't she marvelous? her sweet humor disarms the audience on a very difficult subject.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...