Sunday, August 20, 2023

Goings On in Northern Colorado

Gosh, but it's been a minute since I posted.

I've been consumed with my move, and adopting a new dog!  The house is coming together - I moved in July 15 - and it's been exciting but exhausting.  Some days just throwing my legs over to get out of bed was a chore.  I'm getting a big return for all my efforts: a house that I love.  Of course I had help from family and friends, for which I am extremely and eternally grateful.  I know I said this when I moved to my condo four years ago, but THIS IS THE LAST TIME.  I'm too old for this shit.

My newest dog, Dori, is bringing great amounts of joy.  I'm also getting used to young energy (she's 1 yr 3 mos) and some potty training issues.  She's getting better, but sometimes I still find a turd (or two) tucked behind a chair or in the laundry room.  Working on that.

How could I possibly get mad at this little girl?  She's adorable.  Lucy is getting along with her, and just in the last couple of days they share the dog bed.  Lucy doesn't look thrilled being squished in there with Dori, but she's a good sport and tolerates it.

They are both sleeping with me, under the covers.  My main bedroom is in the basement, beautifully finished with a lux bathroom.  It's cool down there which is perfect for the summer heat.  I don't run the air conditioning much.  It's fabulously chilly and I crawl into bed and pull the covers over me.  No air required!

It's been fun decorating.  Orange curtains, new rugs, and a couple of pieces of furniture refurbished by a friend of mine.  This is her side business and I love her work.  So far I've purchased two dressers and an ornate antique side table.  



So that's how it has been going.  I don't read blogs much anymore.  I don't expect that people will read mine.  Gone are my days of excited posting that I kept up for over a decade.  I only have so much energy. Only so much space in my brain.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Your new home is lovely. Dori is sweet. I'm not blogging much these days, unless there is something musical or something else that inspires me that I feel moved to share. My social energy has always been limited and is more so as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. I, too, find my social energy is waning as I age. Luckily I have a few close friends that don't drain my energy!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your new space and your new doggie Dori. How lovely that things are looking and feeling so homey and beautiful there. I hope you'll keep blogging as the seasons change. It's always a delight to see the world from different places on our beautiful earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. I will post when I can. Maybe some fall photos from Rocky Mt National Park. I'm visiting in early October.

      Delete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...