Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Musings

That was the fastest July in my memory. August is here, and my grandson is now 4. We had an amusing Face time chat on his birthday, and it seemed so strange not to be with him on his day. I was there at the beginning, and every August 2 since, but not this time. I gotta give a shout out to the technology that allows us to talk and see each other on a tiny phone screen. I also thank technology because I can view a digitized version of a video taken in 1992. I was a cast member in skit performed at a community fundraiser for our local Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender center. I've been wondering over the years if this performance still existed on tape, and a couple of emails to the right people got a speedy reply. It's so much fun to watch this again! I was not a performer at the time, but was lucky enough to be asked to join the ensemble. An enormous amount of rehearsing went into this thing, and we performed it for 2 shows. It was thoroughly exhilarating. It revived my childhood dream of being a star of stage and screen. Hell, it was just plain fun. No performances since, and maybe never again, so it is especially sweet to have this little gem to look at. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Loved the video! We all need to have fun like that.

    Can't believe grandson is already 4. Times does indeed fly. All the more reason to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!

    Certainly the fastest 4 years in memory. Happy Birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video! So full of joie de vivre. Time sure does fly by.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...