Monday, August 5, 2013

Of Cruises and Grandsons

I'm a little scattered.  Total First World Problem.  I'm going on a cruise to Alaska at the end of the week and I'm tying up loose ends, getting ready to leave.   And I just got back from a trip to visit my daughter and celebrate my grandson's second birthday.  Suffice it to say, time is rushing by.

 Eden now has a cousin, Daniel, who is but a week old.  My daughter's friends are starting their families.  It's a odd feeling to see these 'kids' that I've known since their high school years having babies of their own.

At the party there was breast feeding and bottle feeding, baby blankets and strollers, scrunched up new born faces and chubby legged toddlers running about.

The boy couldn't have cared less about the cupcakes, balloons and macaroni salad.  He just wanted to dominate the play structure.  And so he did.

He's fearless.  Lives each day to the fullest.

Bubbe is taking notes.

1 comment:

  1. He's getting so big! Yes, we are definitely the elders.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...