Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Spirit?

This clip just says it all for me. Each new year brings a whole new level of disgusting to what we call Christmas. These scenes of greed and coveting material goods literally turn my stomach. Happy Fucking Christmas, y'all. Now, on the brighter side, I love this time of year when we make time for family, good food, and fellowship. I love the lights, and yes, even the carols. I'll be waking up Christmas morning with my grandson and family, and that is the most perfect gift of all. May you have a lovely holiday, free from frenzy and stress, and full of love and light!

6 comments:

  1. Yep. He nails it.

    Did you see the clip going around facebook about an airline that had a video Santa asking people what they wanted before they got on the plane, and when they got off the plane, everything each person had asked for came down the baggage pickup conveyor belt? People were crying, the airline was all puffed up with their apparent "goodness" and "generosity". Meanwhile, Best Buy and Target are reeling in the bucks. The whole thing disgusted me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, I saw that on YouTube. What is WRONG with people? That's rhetorical of course.

      Delete
  2. Glad to be visiting kin at the end of the season. Much better for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best of the season to you and yours, Tara. I sort of like the season, too; just not the enforced magic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you and yours, Tara. The gift of love is the best gift of all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more. We have truly lost the spirit of the season, caught up in "things." Enjoy that grandson and have a wonderful Christmas Day filled with love.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...