Friday, March 28, 2014

TGIF

This week, TGIF stands for "Ticks Give Interesting Footage."  I posted this photo on Face book this morning and managed to gross people out as much as I was grossed out upon discovering it on my friend's dog.  Ugh.  Kathy commented that it was the BEST weight-loss site on the Internet.

 
I have no idea what kind of tick it is, other than a very satisfied one.  We have many in California.  This is probably the brown Dog Tick.  We saw another one the other night, just sittin' there on a blanket happy as a clam.  I mean tick.  The size difference is phenomenal.  This is like the Blob That Ate Chicago.

Is it wrong for me to post this sort of thing on Face book (and now my blog)?  All I can say is that it must be the 10 year old boy in me that is fascinated by this creature and the sharing of the engorged specimen. 

Hope you aren't getting ready to sit down to a meal.  Happy Friday, mis amigos!

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen such a fully engorged tick like that. Creepy and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me, either, and since I posted this we found TWO more! Fully engorged. Tick meds went on dogs last night. It's a full-on invasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so repellent! My Mississippi grandma who was the gentlest most ladylike person I've ever known, used to pick ticks off a dog and stomp them with her foot so that the blood spurted everywhere. It's seared into my memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very very repellent. My friend did in fact step on one in his kitchen and we only noticed it because his shoe then trailed old, very dark blood all across the floor. YUCK!

      Delete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...