Friday, April 25, 2014

TGIF

A friend recently gave me some lovely feedback on my poems. It has inspired me to repost some oldies that I shared on a former blog. Here's one of my favorites. Have a great weekend, y'all.

Old love...
dried and blown by the wind
come back in a letter
quite by surprise.

I'm a curious woman
and search for clues - the where,
the what and how
two lives are cracked apart.

I could walk past her shop
peek through the plate glass window
watching my reflection
watching her.

I would turn away then
the words dried up and stale,
crumbling out the corners of my mouth
and dropping to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...