Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Armistice Day, Veterans Day

 

In Flanders Fields


John McCrae
 
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row, 
That mark our place, and in the sky, 
The larks, still bravely singing, fly, 
Scarce heard amid the guns below. 

We are the dead; short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, 
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields. 

Take up our quarrel with the foe! 
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high! 
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
 
 
 
I have issues with the American Veteran's Day. I do appreciate the service
of those who the load in the U.S. Armed Forces.  I do.  I just hate the 
wheels of war, the tools of death and destruction, the idiots who are old 
and send the promising future to be slaughtered.  This fellow wrote 
a good column on it. 
 
If someone has served honorably in the military, I thank them for their service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...