Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Musings

This, boys and girls, is how I spent my Sunday afternoon.


When you need a break, a rest, reprieve, a bit of nature, there is nothing quite like a hammock under a cedar tree on a temperate afternoon.  My husband sneaked this photo of me from our bedroom window.

The petite doggy was with me.  We dozed, we breathed in the sweet air.  We listened to the neighbors working on a project in their front yard, to people walking by with baby strollers.  We were hidden in our nest, but aware of the goings on around us.  PD would growl in her low voice until I placed a hand on her back to calm her.  She's a ferocious protector.

We slumbered thus until a low blood sugar episode drove me indoors in search of SUGAR.  Damned diabetes.   Stop raining on my parade.


2 comments:

  1. A lovely dreamy way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love. Something is raining on my parade, too. Not sure what it is. Lovely hammock photo. Good to have protectors when you need a break.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...