Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Musings (He's Four now)

I'll say it again, being a grandparent is one of the most lovely, fun, endearing things I've ever experienced.  My grandson was here for 3 nights and I loved every minute of it.  We had him all to ourselves one night, while his parents were at a wedding and stayed at a hotel.


We know his bedtime routine -- his folks have it down pat so that he hardly ever fights it.  As I was steering him towards tooth brushing and potty going, I knocked on the bathroom door to give him his night time disposal underwear, otherwise known as "pull ups."  He balked a bit when I opened the door, and I asked him if he wanted privacy.  He did.  So I told him he could have his privacy and I just wanted to give him the pull ups.  I dropped them inside and closed the door.

I took just a few steps down the hall when I heard him calling for me.  I walked back to the door and, staying outside, asked him what he wanted.  His reply?  "Bubbe, you're the BEST!"

Good Gawd but my heart melted.

9 comments:

  1. Mine, too. Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!

    My husband is desperate for grandbabies. We have had a talk or two about how it is not polite to lobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the kids don't like to be 'nagged' about this sort of thing!!

      Delete
  3. Bubbe, you're the best! He's got that right. Smart beautiful grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely boy. You are one lucky Bubbe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed ya are the best Bubbe......M&A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so lovely to read ... and I have to agree it is wonderful to be a grandparent. I just love being Grandma.

    'Bubbe you're the best' ... wonderful

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. ydb, yes ydb *


    *you're da best !

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...