Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Musings


This is about as coherent as I can be right now.

Mom's been in skilled nursing while dad is away on a trip.  Each day is a new adventure.  Today as Steve and I left, she thanked her "stalwart friends" (us) for spending so much time with her.

She's in a great facility with lovely personnel and I still find it upsetting and very difficult.  I've visited people in some pretty ragged facilities, and I know how much worse that is.  But every time I leave and am sick at heart and in my body.  My blood sugars were dangerously high when I got home yesterday.  She had had a very tough morning and was pretty confused.

Keeping this all close to the vest in terms of communicating with Dad.  Don't want him to cut his trip short, as he really needs the break.

And then there's everything else.  Dear Gawd.


3 comments:

  1. This is so sad, Tara. Our aging parents in this day and age. Heartbreaking in every way. I hope for better days for you and for your mom and family. Please take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love to you and your loved ones, Tara. As for everything else, "What the world needs now is love, sweet love. It's the only thing that there's just too little of." I like what Mavis Staples said during hard times, "Sing about it!"

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...