Friday, February 16, 2018

TGIF

What a difference a week makes!  An apartment came open for us and we have put our home on the market.  (Head spin)  The apartment is - gulp - across the hall from my parents.  It is a stop-gap move just until the floor plan we want comes open.  We've put in our bid for a corner place so we can have more natural light and two patios.  Those are highly desirable and limited, so by moving in, we move to the top of the wait list for one.

I had a good conversation with my folks about boundaries and avoiding conflicts (you know how it is when you're too close).  They are on the same page as us, and they want us to forge our own friendships among residents.  We'll have the occasional meal with them, but not required on a regular basis.

THIS IS JUST SO WEIRD.  Never would I have thought to move into a retirement community at age 60, but it makes so much sense in many ways, that we are forging ahead.  I'd be lying if I said it is not stressful: my blood sugars are up and I'm have respiratory problems.  We just have so much to do.  We must dispose of many items, some by yard sale, others by Internet sites.  It'll get done, I know.  I'm trying to not spin out, to stay present, but jeez Louise this is going to take some doing.

After all, this stress is better than the stress of being a homeless lady, right?  Too right.

Here's to new adventures with the man I love!  I feel lucky to have him in my life and he is most understanding about my current stress level.  He's feeling stress, too, he just doesn't have a panic disorder like I do.







We'll get 'er done, folks, yes we will.

5 comments:

  1. It does sound stressful, but think of all the big moves you've made and always managed to get through each one of them. I'm glad you had "the talk" with your parents about boundaries. One day at a time. Take the time to do stress-free stuff too. It will help to balance the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder! I did have a lovely nap in the hammock today.

      Delete
  2. Love the double portrait! It's inspiring to see what two people working together in love can accomplish, despite the stress involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a big change! But it feels right to both of you; and yes, all the stuff will get done. Also glad you had the talk about boundaries. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...