Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday Musings

These things:

  • Donny Boy, Jr., calling America's teachers "losers" in a speech last week.
  • Former Assistant Director Andrew McCabe on 60 Minutes last night.
  • POTUS tweeting that he wishes he could do away with entertainers who mock him.

McCabe has a book to sell, okay, but the story is compelling.  I was saying to my husband last night that considering my views on the FBI in the 1970s and 1980s (not very good), I'm amazed that I can now be in full support of their efforts to do their jobs faithfully and adhere to our Constitution and not the POS POTUS we now have.   My dad, who used to be a law and order FBI supporter, now says that there are "some crooked guys in the FBI."  My dad and I have switched places entirely.  These are the crazy times we live in.

Pivoting quickly now, my grand daughter had her first hair cut yesterday, just shy of her second birthday.  I had a quick video call with her after the deed and she was happily playing with a balloon.  This hair-cutting place for kids has it all: play structures, toys and balloons.  The kids can even watch videos while stylists are working on their hair.  Kids have a plush life these days.

I'm glad her family is out of the spotlight.  After seeing POTUS' tweet, Alec Baldwin openly wondered if he was now at risk of retaliation, and by extension, his wife and kids.  It's doesn't strain the imagination to think that some deranged red-hatted nut would harm Baldwin and/or his family.

These are the crazy times we are living in.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely blond hair! Our Violet is very slowly growing some hair. She was bald most of the first year. Yes, times are crazy. Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am living in a constant state of WTF? I hope some day all of this will be behind us and we will reach some semblance of sanity again. Although now I'm wondering with the 24/7 news cycle if sanity is even a possibility anymore. Or was it ever sane? It's just getting worse. Your grand-daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's best to concentrate our attention on the small people in our lives; the world looks a lot simpler, kinder and full of wonder from down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...