Friday, December 27, 2019

The Supreme Joy of it All


A merry Christmas was had by all.  On the eve of, we went to a tamale and cookie making party, with plenty of fun games to boot.  My daughter and son-in-law have some great friends, and these particular ones she has known since High School.  In California.  They've all made their way to Colorado.

My grand daughter's good buddy is this smiling fellow below.  At three years old, he is full of energy and provides plenty of exasperation for his moms.  The night we were there, he kept locking the front door because he wanted people to knock.  Didn't work so well when one of his moms tried to come with an arm full of gifts...and he couldn't figure out how to UN lock the door!

 I really enjoy the company of these people who are about thirty years younger than I am.  I feel lucky that my daughter wants me there and includes me.  I hold my tongue when something 'old ladyish' pops into my head and I don't give advice.  I don't want to be their mom, I want to be their friend.

We avoided any snow and the temps were a balmy 50 degrees.  Snow may be coming this weekend, so I'm getting out while I can.  I did some post Christmas shopping to scoop up ribbons, ornaments and decorations at 70 percent off.  And I purchased a new artificial Christmas tree for a mere $63.  My current one is 7 years old and is a shorty, which needs to be up on a table in order to look good.  It's pretty unstable perched up there, especially with active grand children.

I have no idea what I'm doing for New Year's Eve, if anything.  I might make an early night of it and snuggle in bed with the best little dog in the world.  Binge watch something on Netflix.

I hope you enjoyed your holidays and found ways to celebrate the light and all the good things in your life.  Let's cross our fingers for the new year, shall we?


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Christmas celebration there. So wonderful to spend it with family and friends. You know us, we hide on the holidays. And on New Year's Eve we celebrate on east coast time. That ball drops and we're done, even though it's only 9:00 here. We're hoping for a perfect vision in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come to celebrate New Years eve the same way -- took my cue from you guys!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great that you find that the friends of your children are such fine people? We love meeting them and like you, I try to keep any "old lady" thoughts to myself. We used to celebrate New Year's by attending a "sleep-over" party that assured no one drove home under the influence. Adults acting like silly teens and it was great. After we moved away from there we no longer did much celebrating. In Wisconsin, the ball dropped at 11:00 and just seemed wrong somehow. I'm with you and Robin. When the ball drops it's over, no matter what the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In answer to your question: YES! And that my daughter is not embarrassed by me and enjoys bringing me to her friends' events -- wow. Blessed, I am. I'll go over New Year's eve for a little cheer, and probably head home at 9 pm. They are having friends from California over, with their children, people I've known since they were in high school. It'll be great. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  3. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...