Saturday, September 14, 2013

Patio LIfe

This is the book that started me off.  It's a wonderful book
with some great ideas.  And it's just delightful to look at.  Inspired, however, I made a dash to Green Acres and put together my tower of lettuce.  I had plenty of lettuce left over, so I squeezed it into other pots as well.  Something I don't believe I've eaten before, called "Italian Dandelion" is planted in this strawberry pot as well.  It supposed to add quite a kick to salads, so I thought I'd give in try.

For the kitchen balcony upstairs, I bought more Italian parsley since we seem to go through it rapidly.

The day is perfect, especially in the shade.  I'm lounging here now with my water and feeling ready for a nap.  Weekend naps are sinfully delicious, no? 

I have a patio couch coming soon, but if I had it right now, I'd lie down and have a little snooze.  I don't know about you, but if the weather is halfway decent, I'd rather be on my patio that anywhere else in the house. 


2 comments:

  1. It's going to get even cooler over the next couple of days. That patio couch is coming at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...