Monday, December 9, 2019

Monday Musings

Finally caught a cold.  Doing okay, but with me it always ends up in the chest aggravating my asthma.  Phooey.

I did venture out on Saturday to take photos for my daughter.  She had a concept in mind for their annual Christmas card.  She usually does the "hectic young family" theme and this year was no different.  It's not hard to get those kinds of shots, because they are a very busy young family, after all!

I stayed for several hours, came home and processed the work and sent her the ones I thought came out the best.  She loves them, and has already put together the collage for her card.  I was invited back in the evening for watching Christmas movies, but decided to stay home and lay low.  I slept like the dead, with the help of Nyquil.

Here are some of the photos I particularly enjoy.

The frowny grumpy one was definitely what we were going for.  Not hard to get this face out of this little girl.



When they were trying to get a normal family portrait in front of the tree, he was fooling around and sticking his butt in the air.  Hahahaha.  I managed one single one where everyone was looking into the camera with either a smile or a neutral expression.  And then my daughter didn't use that one at all!  Oh well, her call, her card.  Her concept is a good one and produced a fun card.

She did one a few years ago when her son was a toddler.  He was so out of sorts they just ended up throwing a bunch of lit Christmas lights over all their heads in a tangled mess.  Her dad got the shot.  It was an hysterically funny card with Eden balling his head off.





My cards are already in the mail.  I enjoy the exercise.  It's a habit that I'll probably never abandon.  I sent one to my friends in La Petite Pierre, France, in hopes that Alice will send me her usual tin of delicious and subtle French Christmas cookies.  Fingers crossed!


9 comments:

  1. I love these photos. I love the true family moments in the Harris Christmas cards. Hope you are feeling better, Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "real" Christmas photographs. So much better than the stiffly posed we usually see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And those endless letters catching you up on all the FABULOUS goings on over the past year. I'd like to see a real one some day. You know, "Well, my health sucks, my money's run out, but I still like to talk long walks."

      Delete
  3. Excellent! Great cards to receive at Christmas. Hope you're soon feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. Day 4 and I'm still coughing so much that my ribs (in front and in back) hurt. Nothing to do but wait it out.

      My daughter always sends cute and funny photo Christmas cards. I was thrilled this year that she asked me to participate.

      Delete
  4. Although I no longer send cards in December, I always thank the few friends and relatives who have not taken me off their list. Most of them do send photo cards, which I enjoy very much, and I have gathered a large collection of them over the years. Your photos made a jolly card for your daughter and her family! I was the grumpy girl on my parents' Christmas cards in the early 1950s (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, like to collect the photo cards. It's especially fun to see how the little ones have grown. You? A grumpy girl? Naw!! Hey, I always threw a fit on my birthday. Always in a bad mood. Not any more, of course, but when I was a kid....whoooo boy.

      Delete
  5. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...