Monday, March 28, 2022

All My Bags are Packed, I'm Ready to Go.

It's the night and morning of my surgery and I haven't slept a wink.  Nerves.  Can't find my phone, even though I've used it twice today.  Grrrr.  Of course I was exhausted when I got into bed and turned off the light.  Some minutes later the brain switched on, as if I'd had caffeine, and BAM. That was the end of that. My mouth is as dry as the Sahara but I can't drink any water.

All I have to do is throw some stuff into my hospital bag: chap stick, skin lotion, ear plugs, hair and tooth brush.  

I watched a movie on my laptop, as that often helps me fall asleep.  I watched "The Adam Project" on HBO.  Entertaining, with familiar actors.  It didn't put me to sleep.

I'm going to get up and pack my bag and see if that helps me settle down for sleep. 

4 comments:

  1. You've been in my thoughts. Sending love, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope when you read this comment you will have found your phone, gone to the hospital, had the surgery, and are resting comfortably in your hospital room. Thinking of you and sending you the very best best wishes, Tara. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and wishing you everything good for your recovery. Do let us know how you’re doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surgery went very well and after 2 nights, I am home. Now the recovery begins!

      Delete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...