Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Report

How in the WORLD can I still be so flippin' tired?!  I'm too tired to keep my house together, so I do a few tasks before the dizziness and exhaustion take over and I have to sit for awhile.  Being up for about 4 hours at a time is my limit.  

Adequate protein is key...and I'm getting most of mine from shakes, though at this stage I am able to move on to soft foods and crunchy things.  No doughy things like soft bread or pasta or rice, as they will get stuck in the stomach pouch.  I'm so tired tonight I have order some sashimi, edamame and miso soup from my favorite Japanese restaurant.  Hope it all goes down well.  We'll see.

I'm taking my vitamins, and a B12 every day and that should be helping.  

I tell ya, my surgeon would be over here kicking my ass if he knew how I'm behaving.  But what to do when every fiber of your body tells you to LIE DOWN?

It's no joke that right now my JOB is to get protein and fluids down the hatch.  Even if I don't feel like it AT ALL.  I have a support group on line, and I share this info with them.

This lethargy, this absolutely exhaustion, has got to end soon.  It's essential for my success.  I set my alarm for 8 a.m. today, determined that I would get up.  But I had insomnia last night and didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m.  Did I get up?  No.  I slept until noon.  

My daughter said that the surgery was the hard part.  Hardly.  THIS post op stuff is the hard part.  Hopefully I will be able to look back and laugh.  In the meantime, send me all your energy prayers, please.

Oh, by the way, 22 lbs. down.

5 comments:

  1. Sending love and encouragement and prayers for a return of your energy, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my comment went through the first time. Sending love and encouragement and prayers for a return of your energy, Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you all the love and healing energy from our hearts to yours, Tara. I was so hoping that the post-op would be a bit easier than this. Please take care there and get well in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my virtual energy package is coming through the ether/internet to you. Pow. There, it arrived in these words! POW!! Just take some easy deep breaths and it is yours. Your body has been assaulted. It needs to heal. I've heard of people having massage type body work years later and releasing some of the trauma that a body goes through with surgery (or even C-sections child births) where we had been anesthetized and didn't feel those pains at the time. Let yourself heal in the time it must take for you...be patient with yourself...and forgiving. I've been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your body is telling you to rest and heal, listen to it with respect and love. Sending energy prayers to you, and in the meantime, applaud your success, 22 lbs is significant! You're on your way.

    ReplyDelete

Short But Sweet

I took a very short getaway with my daughter and grandkids.  We flew to our old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz, CA.  It was supposed to be t...